Helping Player-Owned Web3 Game Economies Grow
Lead Data Engineer
Join Souq, and help build the first financial markets for blockchain games, enabling players to own and invest in the games they love.
Souq was founded on one idea: Blockchain-based games represent the first opportunities for players to own the content they purchase and share in the financial upside of these game economies. Souq is lowering the barrier to participate in GameFi. Our goal is to build the products and services that ensure an open financial system where players can thoughtfully invest in the games they love.
Using the same passion we have for our members, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We believe in a work culture that balances meritocracy and technocracy.
Recently we completed our Seed financing and are expanding the team. We’re looking for a talented Lead Data Engineer that is a curious thinker and excited by the intellectual challenge of building the fundamental data architecture to support Souq’s ambitious vision of a blockchain agnostic and multi-wallet platform that supports all open economy game asset data. Joining now means helping shape our technology and systems architecture to support our ambitious vision.
About the Role
As Lead Data Engineer, you will own the ingestion, processing, immediacy, availability, replayability, and security of data moving through the services feeding Souq’s platform. Our data pipeline is currently built using, AWS, Postgres, Kafka, and Hasura. We’re currently extracting data from Opensea’s API, L1 (ETH, BSC, SOL, Flow), and L2 blockchains (POLY, IMMUT, HAR, RON)
What You’ll Do
- Lead the company data pipeline strategy by creating architecture design and documentation that will lead to consistent reliability, scalability, security, and performance of our products.
- Own end-to-end the timely ingestion of data from blockchains and NFT marketplaces
- Establish, maintain, and protect our proprietary data lake
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as Product, Data Science/ML, and Engineering to meet data needs (such as visualization or real-time availability)
- Actively maintain documentation describing the ETL pipeline architecture
- 5+ years experience building data pipelines with AWS, BigQuery, Python, ETL Queries, and DWA (data warehousing)
- 1+ years architecting, leading, and managing technical projects
- Experience supporting Data Scientists and ML development
- Experience architecting and actively maintaining ETL pipelines, w/ more than 2B+ rows
- Understanding of blockchain technology, actively trading crypto or NFTs
- Experience with ClickHouse, Ledger Databases
- Curious about DeFi, blockchains and gaming
- Experience building analytics products
- Salary of $120-165k
- Significant equity stake, up to 0.75%, plus up to 0.25% of Network
Souq’s additional benefits include remote work or hybrid (optional), generous time off, 401(k), comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), and wellness benefits.
Contact: JP@souq.gg CEO, Co-founder
There are currently no vacancies.